June 25, 2015

Har-ki-Dhun Trek | The Post-Trekking Phase

It is true that I am bitten by a Himalayan-bug. I sensed that there is something about the Himalayas which I am unable to explain effectively. Either the emotions are binding the words or perhaps my vocabulary is not sufficient enough to describe how much I adore the Himalayas!

It won't be an exaggeration if I say that I suffered from Acute City Sickness, until a week after the trekking. [There isn't any term as Acute City Sickness as such. It is something which I cooked up in par with Acute Mountain Sickness. :P]. 

Back in the city, all I did was nothing but to talk about my trekking experiences or be in a state of reminiscence. 

The fact is, I owe a lot to the Himalayas. In addition to loads of Silence Solitude and Stillness moments, it helped me to clear my internal conflicts, it helped me conquer my irrational fears, it shed a light on my physical and intellectual strength. 

Most importantly, I learned how to convince myself and strike a balance between being over-confident and lack-of-confidence. 

Overall, I think the Himalayas strengthened me physically, emotionally, and psychologically.

All I can say is, I am in a state of Euphoria...

No comments:

Post a Comment